Texas Black Invitational Rodeo
Presented by the African American Museum, Dallas, the Texas Black Invitational Rodeo offers up an exciting night as approximately 300 African American cowboys and cowgirls compete for significant cash prizes in bronc and bull riding, calf and steer roping, barrel racing, a Pony Express relay race and more.
Kicking off with the Grand Entry Parade, this fast-paced sporting event provides guests with their first glimpse of the historical contributions that African Americans contributed to the settling of the western United States. The family-friendly event also includes on-field kid activities.
Tickets start at only $10 and are on sale now*.
*Additional Fees Apply. Please note, any child 2 years of age or older needs to have a ticket. Children under 2 years of age may enter without a ticket as long as they are sitting in a guardian's lap and not taking up a seat.
Additional Ticket Information
- Tickets range from $10 - $25
- Any child two (2) years of age or older needs a ticket.
- Children under two (2) years of age may enter without a ticket as long as they are sitting in a guardian's lap and not taking up a seat.
- To expedite entry, please, have all tickets downloaded and ready to present upon arriving at the venue. If you have not downloaded your tickets, please check your inbox. Your tickets were sent in a separate email from FairParkTix@spectraxp.com with the subject "Your Mobile Tickets Have Arrived." There will be no refunds or exchanges.
- A portable Box Office trailer will be located near the South Side entrance of Fair Park Coliseum to assist with any ticket issues or reprints.
- Be advised, that once you have been scanned into the perimeter, you are allowed to exit and re-enter the coliseum doors during the event (without getting your ticket re-scanned) to access both sides of the coliseum and additional concessions.
- Guest with tickets in Sections A-J should enter on the North Side of Fair Park Coliseum.
- Guests with tickets in Sections K-T should enter on the South Side of Fair Park Coliseum.
- On-site self-parking will be available at Fair Park for $10 per day.
- Parking is available in Lots 10 and 11. Please enter through Gate 12 located off of Fitzhugh Ave.
- Parking Lots Open: 4:30 pm
- Click here for directions: (Fair Park Map)
- No clear bag policy
- All bags are subject to be searched upon entry
- Outside Food and Beverage of any kind
- Banners, signs
- Bottles, cans, or flasks
- Coolers (ice chests) or containers
- Weapons of any type, including but not limited to: guns, firearms, ammunition, brass knuckles, billy clubs, blackjacks, kubatons, knives or blades of any length, and self-defense sprays (mace)
- Stun guns and tasers
- Explosives, fireworks, smoke bombs, fuels, lighter fluids, or any flammable item
- Tripods, Monopods, any telescoping device including selfie sticks
- Drones or other model aircraft
- Hazardous items or materials
- Laser pointers or any other object intended to create an optical distraction
- Noisemakers of any kind (air horns, whistles, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Tobacco products of any kind, including e-cigarettes
- Non-authorized vending or vendors
- Tents or large umbrellas using a stand
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Fair Park/Cotton Bowl® Stadium personnel or the event promoter is in their sole discretion.
- All of row 7 in the coliseum is ADA and is all wheelchair spaces. A fold-down chair can be provided if needed.
Kids Under 2
- Children under the age of 2 are free and do not require a ticket for entry