Plan Your Visit
Make your trip to Fair Park a smooth and easy process by checking out important information to help plan your visit.
General Park Guidelines
- Guests must always comply with directions from Fair Park personnel
- Parents are responsible for their children’s safety in Fair Park
- Guests should enter the park through designated entrances
- Please obey all posted rules
Fair Park prohibits:
- Camping and sleeping
- Drug use
- Outside alcohol
- Open flames
- Use of tobacco products
- Possession of weapons
- Entering the fountains and/or Lagoon
- Feeding and/or harming birds and wildlife
- Rummaging in trash receptacles
- Amplified music that disturbs others
- Performances that accept money or encroach on event spaces
- Commercial activity without permission
- Using Fair Park electricity without permission
- Trespassing in closed, private, and locked areas
- Balloons, bounce houses, and confetti
- Obstructing park entrances
- Bicycle riding, skateboarding, or rollerblading on raised surfaces
- Motorized vehicles in grassy areas
- Drones not in compliance with FAA regulations
- Staking into the ground
- Attaching or affixing items to Fair Park property
- Overnight parking and using parking lots for activities not related to parking
Event Prohibited Items
Please see the general park guideline for what is allowed during daily park usage (non-event).
For events, prohibited items include but are not limited to:
- Outside Food and Beverage of any kind
- Baby Seats
- Baby Strollers
- Backpacks (or any large bags)
- Banners, signs
- Beach balls and frisbees
- Bottles, cans, or flasks
- Coolers (ice chests) or containers
- Weapons of any type, including but not limited to: guns, firearms, ammunition, brass knuckles, billy clubs, blackjacks, kubatons, knives or blades of any length, and self-defense sprays (mace)
- Stun guns and tasers
- Explosives, fireworks, smoke bombs, fuels, lighter fluids, or any flammable item
- Professional Photo or Video Cameras - professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses exceeding 6” – except for credentialed media
- Tripods, Monopods, any telescoping device including selfie sticks
- Drones or other model aircraft
- Flag poles
- Seat cushions or chairs of any kinds
- Hazardous items
- Laser pointers or any other object intended to create an optical distraction
- Noisemakers of any kind (air horns, whistles, vuvuzelas, etc.)
- Pets (except for service animals used by guests who need assistance)
- Tobacco products of any kind, including e-cigarettes
- Non-authorized vending or vendors
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Fair Park/Cotton Bowl® Stadium personnel or the event promoter at their sole discretion.
Prohibited items are subject to change based on the event.
Fair Park has plenty of community parking and accessible parking spots available throughout the park. Main entrance gates are located at Gates 5 & 6 on Robert B Cullum. Please inform the attendant if you need accessible parking and they will direct you where to park. Daily parking is free but there may be a fee in effect for specific Fair Park/Cotton Bowl Stadium events. We ask you to visit the event pages for exact event parking details.
Please see our parking map for parking locations.
The following bag policy is set for events at Fair Park and Cotton Bowl Stadium. There is no bag policy when visited the park daily.
Permitted bags allowed in Cotton Bowl® Stadium to include: Only Bags and totes that are made of clear plastic and do not exceed 12” X 6” X 12”, or one-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bags, or small clutch bags or purses (which are not required to be clear) that do not exceed 4.5” X 6.5”. All other bags and/or containers (including but not limited to cans, plastic bottles, thermos, coolers, and/or hard-sided bags) are prohibited inside the stadium.
Medical device bags are permitted, though will be subject to inspection upon entrance to Cotton Bowl® Stadium.
Bag policies for events hosted at and across Fair Park and Cotton Bowl Stadium are subject to change. Please check the event page for event bag policy and checkpoints.