Big Texas BBQ
Big Texas BBQ
- May 21 | Saturday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
The Big Texas BBQ, presented by Champion Energy Services, Touchdown Club Of Dallas’ annual appetizer and rib cookoff benefiting The Ashford Rise School of Dallas, will take place in Fair Park for the first time in 8 years.
What started as a friendly tailgate cookoff in an office parking lot has now grown into a fundraiser with up to 60 teams competing for Best Ribs, Appetizers, and Best Tailgate; a kid’s zone, food trucks, and a day of live music headlined by Texas Music icon Gary P. Nunn. Big Texas BBQ will also feature a Kid’s Bakeoff where the six classes from the Rise School will each create a dessert to pair with selected ice cream from Howdy Homemade Ice Cream.
The BBQ Competition will be judged by six celebrity judges: Tootsie Tomanetz, Legendary Texas BBQ Pitmaster of Snow’s BBQ and BBQ Hall of Famer featured on Netflix's Chef's Table: BBQ; Daniel Vaughn, Texas Monthly Barbecue Editor and the author of The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue; Jeffrey Hobbs, Owner & Pitmaster Slow Bone BBQ; Jack Perkins, Maple & Motor Owner & BBQ legend, Doug Pickering, Owner & Pitmaster DWP BBQ, and Douglas Bar and Grill opening in Snider Plaza in Spring 2022; and Marshall Prichard, Owner & Pitmaster Sammy’s BBQ.
- 9:00 a.m.: Rib Pickup
- 10:00 a.m: Doors open
- 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. Kid Zone Open - face painting, tattoos, bounce houses, mechanical bull, and more!
- 1:00 p.m.: Appetizer Turn In
- 3:30 p.m.: Ribs Turn In
- 5:00 p.m.: Winners Announced
Big Texas Live Music Schedule:
- 10:00 a.m.: Justin Pickard & The Thunderbird Winos - for more information, visit http://www.justinpickard.com
- 1:00 p.m.: Cash Byers & Big Valley - for more information, visit https://www.bigvalleymusic.com
- 3:30 p.m.: Bandolero - for more information, visit http://bandoleromusic.com/
- 6:00 p.m.: Gary P. Nunn - for more information, visit https://www.garypnunn.com
Find Fair Park parking information here. Event parking information coming soon.