Fair Park Fourth
Presented by Regions Bank
Fair Park Fourth
Presented by Regions Bank
DateJuly 4, 2022
Event Starts4:30 PM
On SaleOn Sale Now
Fair Park Fourth presented by Regions Bank returns to Fair Park on Monday, July 4, from 4:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. for another year of community, fun, and fireworks. The last Fair Park Fourth took place in 2019.
Free and open to the public, Fair Park Fourth will feature hands-on activities for kids, local market vendors, live music, entertainment, food trucks, and other concession offerings. In addition to the fun-filled activations for all, Fair Park Fourth will light the sky with a spectacular firework show. Guests can experience the show from inside the iconic Cotton Bowl Stadium or across Fair Park.
The Midway will not be open for Fair Park Fourth, as the State Fair of Texas is focusing on preparing for a successful 2022 State Fair.
- 4:00 p.m. - Grand and MLK street will be closed; pedestrian traffic only
- 4:30 p.m. - Fair Park Fourth begins
- 7:30 p.m. - Cotton Bowl Stadium opens
- 8:00 p.m. - U.S. Air Force Rock Bank performance
- 9:30 p.m. - Alcohol sales end
- 9:40 p.m. - Fair Park Fourth Fireworks begin
- 10:00 p.m. - Fair Park Fourth ends
- Day-of-event self-parking is $10 per vehicle
- Parking Gates available:
- Gates 5 and 6, located off Robert B Cullum
- Gate 10, located off South Fitzhugh Avenue
- Gate 11, located off South Fitzhugh Avenue
- ADA parking spaces are available in each of our parking lots on a first-come, first-served basis to those with valid ADA placards.
- Shuttles are not running for Fair Park Fourth
- No ins and outs; re-entry fee
Concession stands will be available and located:
- Cotton Bowl Plaza
- Leonhardt Lagoon
- Grand Place
- Tower Building
- Inside Cotton Bowl Stadium when gates open
Fair Park Allowed Items
Please find the items allowed at Fair Park for Fair Park Fourth:
- Picnic blankets
- Outside Food and Beverages
- Bags/backpacks (subject to search upon entry)
- Coolers (subject to search upon entry)
- Lawn chairs
- Water bottles
- Medical bags
- Baby strollers, diaper bags, feeding supplies*
- Cooling towels
- Bags of ice
*Strollers are allowed in the park but not inside Cotton Bowl stadium. The stroller corral will be located in the grass behind the Hall of State. Visitors are responsible for their belongings.
*Wheelchairs, strollers, and wagons will not be available for rental. Visitors are responsible for items.
Fair Park Prohibited Items
Please find the items prohibited at Fair Park for Fair Park Fourth:
- Tents (of any size)
- Knives or sharp objects (used for cutting)
- Electrical cord(s)
- Weapons of any type, including but not limited to: guns, firearms, ammunition, brass knuckles, billy clubs, blackjacks, kubatons, knives or blades of any length, and self-defense sprays (mace)
- Stun guns and tasers
- Explosives, fireworks, smoke bombs, fuels, lighter fluids, or any flammable item
Cotton Bowl Prohibited Items
Please find the items prohibited inside the Cotton Bowl Stadium:
· Outside Food and Beverage of any kind; including Fair Park Fourth park/vendor food and beverages
· Baby Seats
· Baby Strollers (we will have a stroller corral outside the gates)
· Backpacks (or any large bags)
· Banners, signs
· Beach balls and frisbees
· Bottles, cans, or flasks
· Coolers (ice chests) or containers
· Weapons or any type, including but not limited to: guns, firearms, ammunition, brass knuckles, billy clubs, blackjacks, kubatons, knives or blades of any length, and self-defense sprays (mace)
· Stun guns and tasers
· Explosives, fireworks, smoke bombs, fuels, lighter fluids, or any flammable item
· Professional Photo or Video Cameras - professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses exceeding 6” – except for credentialed media
· Tripods, Monopods, any telescoping device including selfie sticks
· Drones or other model aircraft
· Flag poles
· Seat cushions or chairs of any kinds
· Hazardous items
· Laser pointers or any other object intended to create an optical distraction
· Noisemakers of any kind (air horn, whistles, vuvuzelas, etc.)
· Pets (except for service animals used by guests who need assistance)
· Tobacco products of any kind, including e-cigarettes
· Non-authorized vending or vendors
· Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Cotton Bowl® Stadium personnel or the event promoter is at their sole discretion.
Cotton Bowl Clear Bag Policy
COTTON BOWL STADIUM CLEAR BAG POLICY
- Security protocols at Fair Park include walk-through metal detectors and a clear bag policy.
- Permitted bags allowed in Cotton Bowl® Stadium to include: Only Bags and totes that are made of clear plastic and do not exceed 12” X 6” X 12”, or one-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bags, or small clutch bags or purses (which are not required to be clear) that do not exceed 4.5” X 6.5”.
- All other bags and/or containers (including but not limited to cans, plastic bottles, thermos, coolers, and/or hard-sided bags) are prohibited inside the stadium. Medical device bags are permitted, though will be subject to inspection upon entrance to Cotton Bowl® Stadium.
- There is 24/7 security at Fair Park daily.
- Screening and Bag checks will occur upon entry to Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Cotton Bowl Entry Gates: A, B/C, M
- Outside alcohol is not permitted on Fair Park grounds
- Patrons must be 21 and older to purchase alcoholic beverages at all Fair Park and Cotton Bowl concessions
- We reserve the right to deny service to any patron attempting to serve alcohol to a minor.
- The elevator outside of Gate C of Cotton Bowl Stadium will be available for guests who need assistance getting to the concourse
- We will not have wheelchairs available for rent for this event.
- Pets are allowed at Fair Park grounds
- Pets are not allowed inside Grand Place, Tower Building or Cotton Bowl Stadium
Lost and Found
- If you think you may have lost something at the park, please call 214-670-8400 or fill out the contact form.
- We are expecting higher than normal temperatures for the event date, please come prepared for the weather.
Please find the locations where First Aid will be located during Fair Park Fourth:
- Grand Building
- Gate A at Cotton Bowl Stadium (when it opens)
EMTs will be roaming Cotton Bowl Plaza and Leonhardt Lagoon for assistance