State Fair of Texas®
- October 2 | Sunday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 3 | Monday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 4 | Tuesday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 5 | Wednesday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 6 | Thursday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 7 | Friday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 8 | Saturday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 9 | Sunday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 10 | Monday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 11 | Tuesday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 12 | Wednesday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 13 | Thursday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 14 | Friday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 15 | Saturday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 16 | Sunday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 17 | Monday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 18 | Tuesday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 19 | Wednesday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 20 | Thursday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 21 | Friday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 22 | Saturday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
- October 23 | Sunday at 10:00AM 10:00 AM Buy Tickets
Big Tex is back! Celebrating 136 years of tradition in the fall, the State Fair of Texas will return for another season of food, festivities, and family fun. This year’s exposition kicks off on Friday, September 30, and runs through Sunday, October 23 in historic Fair Park. Themed “Treats of Texas,” the State Fair of Texas is excited to welcome back everyone and celebrate bites for every appetite.
At the State Fair of Texas, we pride ourselves on having something for everyone. Whether you come for the food, the Texas Auto Show, live music, or the all-around Fair fun, your trip to the Fair is your ticket to Texas-sized fun!
Season Passes and Premium tickets are now on sale at BigTex.com/Tickets.
For more information, visit BigTex.com.
Plan Your Visit
Click the button below to Plan Your Visit to the State Fair.
State Fair Hours of Operations
The State Fair of Texas will run from Friday, September 30, to Sunday, October 23, 2022. A daily schedule of all performances and events will be published on this website or can be found in the Visitor’s Guide distributed at each of the information booths located throughout the fairgrounds.
Gates open daily at 9 a.m.
Exhibit buildings, outdoor exhibits, and food concessions are open:
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. – Sundays through Thursdays
10 a.m. to 10 p.m. – Fridays and Saturdays
Midway and museum hours vary daily.
State Fair Full Map
State Fair Parking / Directions
While there are several parking options at the State Fair of Texas, the easiest and most convenient parking lot can be reached by entering Gate 2 which is located at 925 S. Haskell, Dallas, Texas 75223. Click here to find your way to this gate.
State Fair parking is $20 per space at official Fair lots. All State Fair parking is well-lit and conveniently located near pedestrian gates.
Bicycle racks are located inside Gates 5, 6, and 11, but they are on a first come first served basis.
Premium parking is available for $40. Enter the Grand Avenue Gate from Cullum Blvd., Parry/Haskell (Sat./Sun.) to use this service.
PARKING SPACES FOR THE DISABLED REQUIRE A DESIGNATED LICENSE PLATE OR HANG TAG.
Overnight parking is prohibited. The only exception is TX vs. OU weekend only in designated RV parking lots. Space is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Adjacent spaces may not be reserved. Cash or credit card payment is due at the gate upon entry unless you have already pre-paid for your space.
Click the link below to find directions to the State Fair of Texas at Fair Park
Public Transportation / Rideshare
State Fair visitors can ride the DART Rail Green Line to two stations – Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6).
USING TRINITY RAILWAY EXPRESS
State Fair visitors can ride the Trinity Railway Express from any of the ten stations in Tarrant County or Dallas County to meet up with the DART Rail Green Line in Dallas.
To find plan a trip or find more information, visit www.trinityrailwayexpress.org.
DENTON COUNTY A-TRAIN
Traveling from Denton County? Take the A-train from one of five stations and transfer to DART’s Green Line at Trinity Mills.
Click here for travel information. Please note: The A-train does not operate on Sunday.
RIDESHARE – UBER/LYFT
The rideshare pick-up/drop-off area is conveniently located just inside Gate 5. When you’re ready to head home, exit the grounds to meet your ride outside of gate 5.
The Taxi stand is conveniently located at the intersection of Pacific and Gurley, just outside Gate 1.
How do I pay for food, drinks, and rides?
Food, beverages, and rides are paid for using coupons. Coupons can be purchased at the numerous coupon booths across the fair.
How much are coupons?
- Food and ride coupons are valued at $1.00. Any coupons from previous Fairs will be valued at the new $1.00 denotation.
Can you use coupons that you bought at last year's fair?
Yes. Food and ride coupons do not expire and can be used for future Fairs.
Are there ATMs machines at the fair?
Yes, ATMs are located throughout the grounds. You can pick up a State Fair of Texas Visitor’s Guide as you enter the fair or from any of their many information booths. Personal checks cannot be cashed on the fairgrounds.
There are endless ways for you to save throughout the run of the 2022 State Fair of Texas, with a wide variety of discounts. One of the best ways to save is by purchasing a STATE FAIR OF TEXAS SEASON PASS. Seeing and experiencing everything at the State Fair in one day is nearly impossible – but we have the perfect solution. 2022 SEASON PASSES ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE ONLINE AT BIGTEX.COM FOR ONLY $50, which includes 24-day admission as well as a variety of special VIP benefits. A season pass is just one of many ways to save big this year – fairgoers can get the BEST VALUE for their ticket by attending the State Fair of Texas on a weekday for only $15. Not to mention, we offer several different ways to receive our BEST DISCOUNT OPPORTUNITY of just $5 admission. It’s also time to dig up those old food and ride coupons from Fairs past – food and ride coupons never expire and can be used at future Fairs.
- SAVE BIG MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY
During the week, Monday through Thursday, adult daily one-day admission tickets are only $15, and senior and child daily one-day admission tickets are only $10. Tickets can be purchased online or at the gate and are only valid for pre-selected dates.
Wednesday is also the best discount day! Each person who brings five canned food items to donate to North Texas Food Bank will receive a $5 admission.
- SAVE WITH A SEASON PASS
Seeing and experiencing everything at the State Fair in one day is nearly impossible. What is the perfect solution? A State Fair of Texas season pass. 2022 season passes are now available for only $50, which includes 24-day admission as well as a variety of special VIP benefits.
- DISCOUNTED GROUP TICKETS
Want to get a group of friends or your company together for a day at the State Fair of Texas? We offer discounted group tickets starting for groups as small as 25. We can get your group through the gates for as low as $13 per person, a savings of more than 55%.
- 2022 SEASON PASS – ENJOY ALL 24 DAYS OF THE STATE FAIR FOR ONE LOW PRICE!
- 24-day admission to the 2022 State Fair of Texas for only $50.
- One FREE single-day bring-a-friend ticket (valid Monday-Friday only.)
- Access to all FREE headlining concerts on the Chevrolet Main Stage and 24 days of live music throughout the grounds.
- FREE State Fair reusable bag (available to the first 5,000 season pass holders to redeem.)
- Buy one bucket, get one bucket FREE at the Ring Toss Game on the Midway
- One 10% OFF coupon on State Fair gear at official merchandise stores located on the fairgrounds.
- $5 off coupon for the 2022 State Fair Cookbook.
- Available for purchase online at BigTex.COM or at the gate.
- PREMIUM ONE-DAY ADMISSION – VALID ANY DAY OF THE STATE FAIR, CHOOSE THE DAY YOU WANT TO ATTEND!
- One-day admission for ANY DATE OF YOUR CHOOSING for only $24.
- Our most flexible ticket option is available for purchase ONLINE AT COM and available at select local Kroger stores.
- Two-pack and four-pack combos for premium tickets with food and ride coupons are also available, starting at less than $100! Head to com/Tickets for more information.
- SAVE BIG MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY – ENJOY ALL THE FUN OF THE FAIR AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE ON WEEKDAYS!
- ADULT daily one-day admission tickets are available for ONLY $15.
- SENIOR AND CHILD daily one-day admission tickets are available for ONLY $10.
- Tickets may be purchased online or at the gate.
- Tickets are ONLY VALID FOR A PRE-SELECTED DATE.
- OPENING DAY – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
- Bring two jars of peanut butter to donate to the North Texas Food Bank for a special promotion and receive $10 admission at the gate.
- DR PEPPER VALUE DAYS – EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY OF THE FAIR
- Purchase your admission ticket online for a reduced price of ONLY $10 on Dr Pepper Value Days. Fairgoers must be a Big Tex Insider to receive the promotion code, sign up now at com/Insider.
- NORTH TEXAS FOOD BANK, FEED THE NEED – EVERY WEDNESDAY OF THE FAIR
- Visitors have the BEST DISCOUNT OPPORTUNITY to save big AND give back to the community.
- By bringing FIVE CANNED FOOD ITEMS, fairgoers will receive ADMISSION FOR ONLY $5. All canned donations go to the North Texas Food Bank, which helps feed members of the community.
- In 2021, nearly 200,000 pounds of food equating to more than 235,000 meals were donated through this program, making it North Texas Food Bank’s LARGEST CANNED FOOD DRIVE OF THE YEAR.
- Don’t forget, every Wednesday morning at the Fair is Sensory-Friendly – learn more at BigTex.com.
- SENIOR DAY – EVERY THURSDAY OF THE FAIR
- EVERY THURSDAY, SENIOR CITIZENS 60 years and older receive half-price admission to the Fair, for ONLY $5.
- ANY DAY OF THE FAIR
- On ANY NIGHT OF THE WEEK, visitors receive REDUCED GENERAL ADMISSION AFTER 5 P.M., THANKS TO ONCOR. Everyone is a kid at night at the Fair! No matter your age, all guests pay the child price after 5 p.m.
- DISCOUNT COUPONS ARE AVAILABLE AT PARTICIPATING MCDONALD’S LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT NORTH TEXAS on tray liners and inside their meal bags. With this coupon, any fairgoer can save $5 OFF ON WEEKDAYS (MONDAY-FRIDAY) AND $7 OFF ON WEEKENDS (SATURDAY-SUNDAY.)
- Military Appreciation Day – all active military, retired military, and veterans save $5 OFF ON WEEKDAYS (MONDAY-FRIDAY) AND $7 OFF ON WEEKENDS (SATURDAY-SUNDAY) when they present valid documentation of military service at the gate or online. Spouses of service men and women with a valid Military Spouse ID and accompanying children under the age of 18 also receive discounted admission.*
- The State Fair would like to thank our country’s first responders with a day honoring our various active and retired public law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics, and other emergency services agencies. All first responders can save $5 OFF ON WEEKDAYS (MONDAY-FRIDAY) AND $7 OFF ON WEEKENDS (SATURDAY-SUNDAY) when they present a valid badge or ID card from their department or organization at the gate or online, plus up to three discounted admission tickets for their family members.
- Discounts extend to the Midway for THRILLING TUESDAYS, with MOST RIDES OFFERED AT A REDUCED PRICE ON TUESDAYS.
- THRIFTY THURSDAYS PRESENTED BY CRICKET WIRELESS – guests can save while snacking during Thrifty Thursdays, where participating food vendors offer one of their SIGNATURE MENU ITEMS AT A REDUCED PRICE, ranging from mini versions to regular-size items.
Priced from $15-$25, adult daily one-day admission to the Fair has never been more affordable! Your ticket includes access to more than 200 daily shows, concerts, activities, and exhibits, all at no extra cost. The Fair offers $10-$18 daily one-day admission for children ages 3 to 12 and seniors ages 60 and older, with free admission for children ages two and younger. Parking prices remain the same for 2022, starting at just $20. The 2022 exposition, themed “Treats of Texas,” runs September 30 through October 23 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
Click the link below for information regarding Group Tickets for the State Fair of Texas.
WHAT ITEMS ARE ALLOWED INTO THE FAIR?
Small children may be pulled in a wagon.
Personal Food and Beverages
Tasting “Fair food” is a big reason why people visit the State Fair of Texas, but if you have any dietary restrictions or other reasons for wanting to bring your own food or beverages, please do. Please note: Alcohol, glass containers, and metal knives and forks are prohibited.
Coolers or Ice Chests
Your cooler will be searched as you enter the grounds; please do not bring metal knives, glass containers, or alcoholic beverages.
WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE FAIR?
Pets are NOT allowed. However, a service animal is permitted for individuals with a disability. Under the ADA, a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability. All service animals must remain on a leash or harness and may not be left unattended. Service animal behavior is the responsibility of the owner and you will be asked to leave the Fair if their behavior becomes a threat to the safety of another guest or employee. We do not have accommodations for pets at the fairgrounds.
For more information about service animals and the ADA, please visit their website.
Bull Horns, Air Horns, Megaphones, or Similar Items
Bull horns, air horns, megaphones, and similar items are NOT allowed. Please leave these items at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. Use of these items on the fairgrounds is strictly prohibited and will result in the item being confiscated and could result in you being removed from the Fair.
Large Signs, Large Props, or Similar Items
Large signs or props are NOT allowed. Please leave them at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds. Use of these items on the fairgrounds will result in confiscation of related materials and could result in you being removed from the Fair.
Selfie Sticks, Tripods, Monopods, or Other Camera Equipment
Unless credentialed through the State Fair of Texas’ PR office, Selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, and similar items are NOT allowed. We ask that you leave your selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, and/or similar items at home or in your vehicle in the interest of the overall safety of our visitors. Use of these items on the fairgrounds is strictly prohibited and will result in the item being confiscated and could result in you being removed from the Fair. If you are a photographer interested in taking photographs with professional or extensive camera equipment, you must first contact the Fair’s Public Relations department via email at pr@BigTex.com.
Drones, quad-copters and/or any type of remote controlled craft are NOT allowed on the fairgrounds, with one exception – registered vendors may sell these types of devices on the fairgrounds without their battery packs. The State Fair of Texas prohibits the use of all remote controlled devices of any type, including, but not limited to, aircraft, drones, quad-copters, cars or trucks, on or above property owned, leased or controlled by the Fair. Operation of such remotely controlled aircraft or ground vehicle devices without prior written consent of the State Fair of Texas or proper law enforcement authority will result in the confiscation of all related materials, you being removed from Fair property, and/or prosecution under Texas law.
Bicycle, Skateboard or Roller Skates
In the interest of overall safety for our guests, we ask that you do not bring bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller skates, and/or other wheeled forms of transportation inside the gates (wagons to transport small children are approved). Bicycle racks are located inside Gates 5, 6, and 11. Bicycles are not allowed through State Fair ticket gates. DART also provides bicycle racks at the two stations servicing Fair Park – Fair Park station on Parry and the Martin Luther King, Jr. station.
No weapons of any kind.
Please help us keep the Fair safe and fun for all! We reserve the right to search all fairgoers and their bags upon entry into the fairgrounds. No weapons of any kind are permitted on the fairgrounds. This includes guns, knives, clubs, tasers, etc. Also, all sharp metal objects, such as pocket knives, scissors, and other sharp implements, are strictly prohibited. Please leave these items at home or in your vehicle. If you usually carry a pocket knife and forget it’s in your pocket when you reach the security checkpoint, you will be asked to return it to your vehicle to secure your knife or be given the option to dispose of it prior to entering the park. If you question whether something is safe to bring in, it probably isn’t – and should be left at home or in the vehicle.
License to Carry a Handgun
The State Fair of Texas is—and always has been—a private entity. The Fair leases the Fair Park property from the City of Dallas but is not part of the City or controlled by a government body.
The State Fair of Texas has long been, and continues to be, a strong supporter of the rights of responsible gun owning Texans. For that reason, the Fair has long allowed Fair attendees with valid handgun licenses to carry their handguns in a concealed manner while attending the Fair (except for locations prohibited by law). The State Fair will not allow unlicensed gun owners to enter the fairgrounds with a firearm.
A person holding a valid Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC), or a valid handgun license from a reciprocating state, is permitted to enter the Fair with his or her concealed handgun, provided that he or she thereafter fully complies with all applicable laws. LTC holders are responsible for knowing and complying with all applicable Texas laws. For example, under Texas Penal Code Chapter 46 an LTC holder is prohibited from carrying a handgun (1) on any other premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place (this may include Cotton Bowl Stadium, as well as the State Fair’s livestock facilities where interscholastic events are presented), (2) on the premises of a business that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, or (3) while intoxicated.
The State Fair of Texas prohibits Fair attendees (including LTC holders) from openly carrying handguns while at the Fair. If an individual attempts to enter the Fair with an openly carried handgun, the guest will be asked to conceal the handgun (if the guest has a valid LTC), otherwise the guest will be asked to secure the handgun in his or her vehicle or at some offsite location.
We know that this is an important issue for many Texans, and that the Fair’s decision may disappoint potential fairgoers who regularly and responsibly practice open carry. However, the Fair strongly believes that allowing concealed carry and prohibiting open carry is a reasonable compromise that best ensures the safety and comfort of all Fair attendees.
NOTE: The State Fair of Texas does not provide lockers for the storage or checking of weapons, so please plan your visit to the Fair accordingly. For example, if you plan to attend a game or event in the Cotton Bowl Stadium, please secure your weapon at home or in your vehicle prior to entering the fairgrounds.
All prohibited items for the general Fair are listed on the FAQ page, however, Cotton Bowl Stadium has additional rules and regulations regarding items that are allowed.
There are two college football games scheduled on Saturdays during the 2021 State Fair of Texas. If you do not see the information you are looking for, visit the State Fair of Texas college football page for details about the games or call (214)-565-9931 and press “0” for additional assistance.
- State Fair Classic - October 1, 2022
- Red River Showdown - October 8, 2022
HOW DO GAME TICKETS WORK?
- A game ticket includes fair admission on game day.
- Tickets to the State Fair of Texas do not grant access to the game(s). You must purchase a separate ticket to the game(s).
Click the link below for the State Fair Classic:
Click the link below for the Red River Showdown:
- Baby bags are allowed inside the State Fair of Texas and Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Baby carriers are allowed inside the State Fair of Texas and Cotton Bowl Stadium.
- Strollers are allowed on the general fairgrounds, but they are not permitted in Cotton Bowl Stadium.
Baby Care Centers
- Baby Care Centers are available for the convenience of guests. One next to the Children’s Aquarium, one in the new Guest Relations Building in the Midway, and one near the Swine Barn and Backyard Steak-Out & Pizzeria.
- Changing stations are located in all of the women’s restrooms and the men’s restrooms located in Cattle Barn #1, both sides of Fair Park Coliseum, Embarcadero, the Midway, the Perot Museum, east of the Children's Aquarium, 1st & MLK, and MLK & Coliseum, and Oak Farms Children’s Activity Center.
- Electrical outlets are available in the Baby Care Centers.
Wheelchairs, Scooters, Strollers, Wagons
WHEELCHAIRS AND SCOOTERS
- The State Fair of Texas offers wheelchairs, electric scooters, strollers, and wagons for rent through Home Town Mobility. Reservations can be made for wheelchairs and scooters at www.htmia.com or by calling 712-938-2029 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and on weekends during the State Fair.
- A valid driver’s license or state ID is required for all rentals.
- Reservations need to be made 24 hours in advance and cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to receive a full refund, less a $5 cancellation fee per rental unit. Rental locations are at the Front Gate (Parry Ave.), Grand Ave. (Gate 5), Pennsylvania Pedestrian Entrance (Gate 11), and Pan Am Gate (North side of the fairgrounds). Fairground Map.
Wheelchairs & Scooters Rental Prices:
- Scooters: $65 per day (8am-10pm)
- Wheelchairs: $25 per day
- Personal Storage Cubical: $5 per day
Wagons and Strollers Rental Prices:
- Single Strollers $20 per day
- Double Stroller $25 per day
- Wagons $20 per day
- Sign Interpretation for the hearing impaired is available Friday – Sunday at select shows. Check the State Fair of Texas online schedule for details.
On every Wednesday of the Fair, fairgoers can enjoy Sensory-Friendly Mornings, where there will be adjustments made across the fairgrounds to accommodate those with sensory-related concerns better.
The State Fair of Texas created a list of activities and exhibits that are easy on the eyes and ears – check back closer to the Fair to see our GUIDED ITINERARY and plan your visit at BigTex.com/Sensory.
In addition, fairgoers can enjoy all the fun of the Midway without the usual lights and sounds from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Please note that the regular lights and sounds of the Midway will return at 1 p.m.
There are also a few locations around the grounds designated as “Quiet Zones” where families can go throughout their visit should they need to depressurize. These locations will be posted on BigTex.com/Sensory closer to the Fair.
The State Fair of Texas welcomes individuals with autism, their families, and anyone else who may benefit from a sensory-friendly experience to come out and enjoy the great State Fair of Texas on Sensory-Friendly Mornings.
Click the link below to find the State Fair of Texas FAQs