The Women's Building was constructed in 1910, being used for livestock auctions by day and musical theater performances by night.
After $30 million of building renovations September, 2000. The Women's Museum: An Institute opened with a mission to inspire, educate, and stimulate their audience through the exploration of the successes, experiences, contributions and potential of women. However, due to financial challenges, the museum closed in October, 2011.
Currently, The Women's Building is opened for special events and exhibitions.