State Fair Classic
State Fair Classic
- September 30 | Saturday at 6:00PM 6:00 PM Buy Tickets
Since the 1980s, Grambling State Tigers and Prairie View A&M Panthers have traveled to Dallas during the State Fair to go head-to-head on the grass of the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium. The State Fair Classic is filled with great football for four quarters and a stunning battle of the bands during halftime.
Game tickets are purchased through each university’s athletic office.
- All Bags, including backpacks (unless clear plastic and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”)
- Purses (larger than 4.5” x 6.5”)
- Medical Bags will be inspected upon entry
- All weapons of any sort
- Any explosive or flammable items
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind
- Artificial noisemakers (bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, etc.)
- Banners, flags, flag poles, signs, umbrellas, etc.
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 10”. Video cameras, selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, and other similar items
- Food & beverages
- Any items deemed a safety hazard or annoyance (balls, balloons, firearms, fireworks, Frisbees, glass, hard plastic or metal water bottles, laser pointers, etc.)
- Pets (service dogs permitted)
- Tobacco products of any kind, including e-cigarettes
- Any type of seat cushions or chair backs
- Baby seats
All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest. Items left at the gate will be discarded.
About the State Fair Classic
The State Fair Classic is an annual college football game between the Grambling State University Tigers and the Prairie View A&M University Panthers of the Southwestern Athletic Conference. The State Fair Classic, held annually at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas, began in 1925 featuring the Wiley College Wildcats and Langston University Lions. The first game was played on Monday, October 19, 1925. Both teams met four consecutive years in Dallas before Prairie View replaced Langston in 1929. An early concept of “Monday Night Football” could also be attributed to the Texas State Fair Classic and Louisiana’s own State Fair Classic, as the contests took place on Monday nights from the 1920s into the 1960s.
Click the liink below to view the Bag Policy.
Patrons requesting accessible seating should purchase a General Admission ticket and you will be accommodated at the venue.